ALICE ISD BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Election May 6, 2023
2 months ago
CANDIDATES UP FOR ELECTION
PLACE 1: JENNIFER BARRERA
PLACE 4: CIRILO "CIRO" ZAMORA
PLACE 5: LEE S. RAMON
SCHOOL BOARD TRUSTEE MAY 6, 2023
Current state law requires a candidate for trustee of an independent school district to be a qualified voter by the time required as prescribed by Election Code Section 141.001. An Application for Place on the Ballot must be filed with the Elections Administrator located at the Alice ISD Administration, 2 Coyote Trail, Alice, TX 78332.
Qualifications for CANDIDATE
1. Be a United States citizen.
2. Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable.
3. Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
4. Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities [but see Ineligibility below].
5. Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
a. For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot.
b. For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in
c. For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made.
6. Be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described in item 5, above.
TERMS AND ELECTION SCHEDULE
Board members shall be elected for 4-year terms,
with elections conducted annually, as follows:
Places 1,4 and 5
The election for places 1,4 and 5 shall be held in 2023, 2027, and 2030 and are in 4-year intervals thereafter.
Places 2,3,6 and 7
The election for places 2, 3, 6, and 7 shall be held in 2025, 2029, and 2033 and are in 4-year intervals thereafter.
First Day to File for a Place on the Ballot
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Last Day to File for a Place on the Ballot
Friday, February 17, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
SCHOOL BOARD OF TRUSTEE ELECTION TIMELINE
First Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail
Saturday, January 2, 2023
First Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
Last Day to File for a Place on the General Election Ballot
Friday, February 17, 2023, by 5:00pm
Last Day for Filing as a Write-in Candidate In Election
Tuesday, February 21, 2023
Last Day to Register to Vote
Thursday, April 6, 2023
Due date for opposed Candidates to file FIRST Candidate/Officeholder Report of Contributions, Expenditures, and Loans (30 days before)
Thursday, April 6, 2023
First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
Monday, April 24, 2023
Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (received, not postmarked)
Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Due date for opposed Candidates to file SECOND Candidate/Officeholder Report of Contributions, Expenditures, and Loans (8 days before)
Friday, April 28, 2023
Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance
Tuesday, May 2, 2023
SATURDAY, MAY 6, 2023
Early Voting Polling Place, Dates, and Times
Early voting begins Monday, April 24, 2023, and ends on Tuesday, May 2, 2023
Early Voting Polling Place: TBD
Each Voting and Polling location in Jim Wells County, Texas
at which County-Wide Voting is administered by the
Jim Wells County Elections Department.
Election Day, Tuesday, May 6, 2023
To help reduce the cost of elections for taxpayers and to provide added convenience, Alice ISD conducts its elections jointly with other entities holding elections in May. The district contracts with the office of the Jim Wells County Elections Administrator to help with operating polling locations and to ensure each election is conducted properly.
Office of the Secretary of State: 800-252-8683 or go to www.sos.state.tx.us
Texas Ethics Commission: 512-463-5800 or go to www.ethics.state.tx.us
David Flores Alice ISD at 361-664-0981 Ext 1040 or email email@example.com
Alice ISD website for information.
Board Election 2023
- Internet Posting Requirements for Political Subdivisions (English/Spanish)
- Notice of Deadline to File an Application for Place on the Ballot
- Code of Ethics Election Candidate Packet May 6, 2023
- Candidate Application for a Place on the Ballot for May 6, 2023 Election
- SECRETARY OF STATE Election Advisory No. 2022-37 May 6, 2023 Election Law Calendar
- Jim Wells County Administrator
THE BOTTOM LINE NEWSLETTER
- THE BOTTOM LINE: JANUARY 2023
- THE BOTTOM LINE: NOVEMBER 2022
- THE BOTTOM LINE NEWSLETTER: OCTOBER 2022
- THE BOTTOM LINE: SEPTEMBER 2022
- THE BOTTOM LINE: AUGUST 2022
- THE BOTTOM LINE: JULY 2022
- THE BOTTOM LINE: JUNE 2022
- THE BOTTOM LINE: APRIL 2022
- THE BOTTOM LINE: MARCH 2022
- THE BOTTOM LINE: FEBUARY 2022
- THE BOTTOM LINE: JANUARY 2022
- THE BOTTOM LINE: SEPTEMBER 2021
- THE BOTTOM LINE: AUGUST 2021
- THE BOTTOM LINE: JULY 2021
- THE BOTTOM LINE: JUNE 2021
- THE BOTTOM LINE: MAY 2021
- THE BOTTOM LINE: APRIL 2021
- THE BOTTOM LINE: MARCH 2021
- THE BOTTOM LINE: JANUARY 2021
Board of Trustee Continuing Education Credits
Alice ISD District Goals
GOAL 1 STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT: Provide high quality, engaging and rigorous instruction for all students that incorporates technology and promotes student success in college and/or careers.
GOAL 2 A SAFE AND NURTURING ENVIRONMENT: Create a positive, safe and secure learning environment for all students and staff.
GOAL 3 PARENT, FAMILY, AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: Build strong family and community partnerships that promote the Alice ISD vision, mission and goals.
GOAL 4 OPERATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS AND EFFICIENCY: Ensure that the District makes fiscally sound decisions that support student achievement and maintain a strong financial position.
GOAL 5 HUMAN RESOURCES: Build a highly effective workforce through strategic recruitment, professional learning, mentoring and organizational support to retain effective teachers, principals, and other instructional staff.